Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Things are slowing down, While departure date is coming up qiuck.

The Moving sale are coming to a creeping halt, nothing is selling, and I see why. I guess I'm a trend setter. It's looking like the entire city of Greensboro is getting ready to leave, for every 10 "sales" 7 are "moving sales". I've never seen it as such and as heavy before..LOL. Jessie owns a second hand store on Spring Garden st, I guess I'll just sell everything off to him for the bottom of the barrel price, without having a lil extra for the trip, this will just purchase the needed items with enough foodies to get by for a week or two. Of course i'll search for work while on the road. The warm bed and shower might get cut down from 2 a month to once every six weeks. I'll be funkier than James brown in three weeks of riding.

The cards are done, and ..they...look sweet!. Problem is, the "donation" part on the bottom of the cards makes me feel like I'm begging. I was told by many that I should have it on there, so I put it there, now i feel a lil shameful about passing them out. On the back side of the cards I added a lil information about the route and the company Adventure cycling that keeps it together, and that also maintains the other 40,000+ mile of bike routes across the country. I also added the site that help me make up my mind about doing the trip on a bike. crazyguyonabike.com . the journals are from people that bike tour ALL over the world, at this moment there are two folks doing a world tour on a bike..Braver than I they are!. of course I'm sure they are more prepared for it and conditioned for it. Which brings me to this..I'm back and forth about the bike I using.

The bike is a 2001 Raleigh c40, the drive train has been upgraded, I've got a nice chunk of cash in the back wheel components and chain, but I keep having chain slipping and gear skipping problems when going up hill..NOT GOOD for someone thats going to be hauling a load of stuff on and behind the bike..I was looking at getting the Kona Splice, BUT its 29 wheels and disc brakes won't fit the trailer I got, then I looked at the Kona Dew, however for $500, and I'm spoiled on the front shock when I run off the road for a lil fun. the components on its drive train doesn't equal the amount I have in the derailleur alone on the c40..If I'm having problems with a $110 derailleur and $75 cassette, whats going to happen with a $13 derailleur, and a $20 cassette?.I'm going to have problems, no one has made it across without problems on their bike at one point or another..Now I'm leaning towards the Trek DS 8.2 (Gary Fisher collection). It has everything, and more, but its over a hundred more than I want to spend on a bike. but I can do off and on road..I don't know, until the sales start happening better, I'm not going to be able to afford a box of matches to start a camp fire..speaking of which, time to get back at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment