Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

March is nearing the end I'm getting worried, but I'm staying calm.

Items are getting gone, but not fast enough for me..The apartment is 50% empty, mainly because, I got my van full of the items I want to sell. NOW IF the weather people would get on the ball and better do better forecast on Saturday mornings and mother nature stop making flea market morning the day the water pours from the sky..I stayed up till 1:30 am Friday, watching the weather, and they called for thunderstorms all morning long..So I canceled..woke up at 8am, (two hours past my set up time had I went) Not a cloud in the sky, or a wet item anywhere..It didn't rain till I went outside to work on packing more stuff in the van to sell next Saturday. And to bring that up..I"M GOING!!..You watch! Tornadoes will be landing that morning..lolz..I tell you people. I do feel like a kid all over again about this..school all week, and rain on the weekends, It reminds me of one of my summers in Ohio, going to summer school, then rain on the weekend..at least I passed my grade, but the summer sucked bad..

NOW for the good news..I have the maps on the way..I sold my Serato (I wanted to keep it in case I got a gig when I get back)..And Monte brought my tent that HE bought for me, i found it on CL for $10, a $140 backpackers two man ( in this case one man one dog) tent..I'm adding a metal detector to the list of things to take along..I was thinking about a American Hawk Navigator that has a LCD screen for $200. But Whites has what they call the Coinmaster, and Coinmaster pro. All three do the same thing pretty much, but the AH weights 12lbs and cost $200, But the Coinmaster weights 5lbs, and it has a built in pin pointer, without having to carry extra things, & I can select one type of metal to omits in my searches, plus the wand collapses down, the AH I would have to disassemble when done..and plus I can get the WCM for $180, NOW the WCM-pro does all the same as its lil brother, but it can omit more than one metal, it goes deeper, and is more sensitive..But its $280..I'll stay with its lil brother. But if I get the funds before I make the purchases..ITS MINE!! ..SO Now your wondering why in the hell would I need the WCM, simple..I'm not going to be riding everyday, I'll have my down times, a must. So to keep me busy and from spending money on junk I can't really afford nor carry. This should help keep me occupied, plus! riding through the heart of tornado ally, with the years and this past winter of unusual amount of tornadoes, I should be able to find something..anything of value to help Murph and I along..I'm mean really in three states where the wind tosses everything around like nothing,(I'm sure Murph and I will be part of that at some moment or another). I'm bound to find a decent if not maybe just a lil silver or gold that got pushed far from home.. SO thats why for that..let us pray I have a clear Saturday and many sales..(please,please,please)..

On closing..I want to give special thanks to John Preston, for donating some cash to help Murph and I. Now I need to get rolling on some things.. thanx for stopping by and keeping up..Also before i go, subscribe to Jerry Murphy Matney of FB..the profile pic is that of Droopy and Drooper..



No comments:

Post a Comment