Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One week, gaining little ground.

I'm one week in, The ride is in fact hell between points. But I can tell you is, the 1 to 2 days at any one spot is getting old fast.. I'd rather be riding two days on and one day off, but now its the oppisite. The trailer and weight problem has been fixed, However I'm still having shifting issues. The one person that said he could fix it,IF I got it to him went on vacation the day I arrived  in his home town Ashland, I paid$ 40 to get a new axel and hub work done, But this gentelman stated I'd need new shiftrs... (they are new shiftrs, and these didn't stop the problem, why would another set be a fixer, IDK).. These cost are killing me, nad its not just that, when sittng idle, you tend to consume more than  youneed o survive( SPACEBAR  IS STARTINGTO ACTUP AGAIN). So-now-I have-to go-back-to-doing-this..

I'll-be-leaving-from-the-KOA-camp-ground-Thursday-morning-Dave-McCrackin-with DTB-is playing-Charlottesville-Va-this-sat,But thats 120+/--miles away, If-I-left-today-I-could-catch-it,But-I'm-goih-to-miss-seeing-my-friend,AND-NO-MATTER-WHAT,I-cant use-or-gain-any-mileage-on-anyting-but-a-peddle-powered-ride..This-makes-me-sad-that-Im-forced-to-miss-the-show,I-cant-do-60-miles-a-day-with-the-shifter-problems-Im-having..If-it-was-working-like-it-should-I-would-barely-make-it,HOWEVER,I-wont-make-it-at-all..

I've been so stressed (yes the spacebar is working again), I am doing a 1/2 pack of smokes a day..NOT GOOD!!..And to boot,I've got a angry spider somewhere in my tent, every morning I wake up with 2  to 6 new welts  on my BUTT and legs.. and they ITCH LIKE A CRAZY. I guess its thinking like Murph E.Dog, Its my fault thatits raining outside.. So both are going to takei it out on my..........

Well speaking of which, my butt is going numb now, sitting onthis concrete floor, I need to move and keep my legs limber, when the intefnet is bette or if I hit a library I'll give better details, on whats goings down, cash is getting tight, and as long as Im  in this historic side of the  ride, I dare not try to use the Coinmaster, in fear of it getting it taken away from me and locked up.. The camp ground manager and I will go and try his and mine out tonight on the grounds, but I have to split it 50/50 on the findings, fair enough for me,, I type at you all later.....

1 comment:

  1. KOA COST MONEY DUDE FREE CAMPING FREE FREE FREE. YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO BE YOUR OWN MECHANIC A SHIFTER CONNECTS TO A CABLE THAT CONNECTS TO DERAILLEUR. I HAVE SEEN YOU FIX TOTAL JUNK STRAIGHT OUT THE TRASH. IT MIGHT WORK YOUR WAY AND ONLY YOU CAN SHIFT IT.BUT YOU CAN FIX YOUR RIDE. JERRY RIG IT! YOU MIGHT WANT TO POST SOME PICK UP POINTS FOR MAIL AND A NEEDS LIST.PEOPLE OF OUR ILK DONT HAVE PLASTIC THATS WHY JUNK IN OTHERS EYES IS TREASURE TO US. HOW IS THE DETECTING GOIN? ANY WILDLIFE SIGHTINGS UNIQUE TO YOU? I'LL BE CATHCHIN UP TO OUT WEST YOU'LL BE VETERAN BY THEN.....MUCH LOVE TO YOU AND MURPH.I'LL STAY IN TOUCH YOU DO THE SAME.

    ReplyDelete