Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ye time is near, but theres lots to do..

15 days and counting, with the instalment of my new pannier bags, [Ortleibs] I'm over joyed about them..The day started out cold,48f and it took me to almost noon to get my butt in gear. I got the bags on, then ordered some other items from Amazon, handlebar bag with map holder, front low rider pannier rack, and curve under extensions that attach to the handle bars, These will help with what I already got. Now I have curve style bars, like what you find on most road bikes, but still keeping my original bars. this saves me moocho funds. I don't have to buy new break handles and shifters, just move them inward a little bit and I'm good to go.So I should have it together by the time Orions party is ready..This way I can have the bike parked outside for people to see what I'll be riding, I'll have it weighted down, but not with everything I'm taking. Just going with the look and the real feel..

I went to RECYCLES to get my front crank changed over, but ran $45 short, so I just puti t on lay away, then I'll get a set of clip ons added to help with slipping of my feet.the toes cages are not getting it anymore, By he time I have my right warped foot in the cage, I have to pull it out to get rolling again. I wind up dragging the top of it on the ground, since its top heavy, the cages hangs upside down. So now that something else I must get, or I wont have any peddles by the time I get to Kentucky, The bright side is they are only $20, bad side is I have 6o buy special shoes to wear on the, Those range from $50 to $100 a pair, take a guess which ones I'm buying lol.. After Leaving Recycles I rode to Jimmy Johns for some foodies, Bootlegger club, with extra hot peppers on the side..I can breath again ahhhhhh. went outside sat drank my coke, sat on my helmet, smoked a cigarette and thought to myself, "I'm going to need to kick these to the curb". I'm hard headed not just to other peoples advice, but my own as well, I'll have to learn the hard way..So riding back, I took a long way home, surprisingly I only had to stop 3x, but 5 total if you include the traffic lights. When I got back to Sessions, I wasn't in a hurry to fire one up..as I said I learn the hard way,but It does wind up sinking in at some point or another. But the ride wore me out, Its only 7:30 pm and I'm ready for bed..I'm going to sleep good on the road for the first state. I'm going to make my camel pack tomorrow, then hit the road again, adding 10lbs more to the load.. I want to be able to haul 100 to 150 for 15 miles on very uneven roads. No its not 175 and no its not 30 miles either. But I believe I can get that by the 26th..Like I said, the logistics and BS had eaten up all my training time, I'll be happy 1/2 way conditioned than none at all..

No comments:

Post a Comment