Search This Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Eight day away.. time to stop prep'n and get riding.

Before I got one step further (((Murph and I want to thank Cobb Automotive / Carolina Performance Transmission for their $100 donation,.. Thank you Shane, and Jennifer Cobb. Murph will stay dry and clean with a fender on the back tire now)))




I've  pretty  much  gave  up  on  making  a  rechargeable  head and tail light battery  system  for  the  bike  and trailer,  times  running  out  is  the  big  reason  with  many  other  little  projects  that  still need to  be tweaked out, I'll by a light  that  will  take  AA  or  AAA, I'm able to  recharge  those, But  it will  be  another choice  on  what  gets  the  sunny day on  the  solar  panel. LOL, I  followed  the instruction  of  a  instructables  submitter but the wires melted when I tried it out on a junk pice of electronics that I had. Because  the  solar  panel  is  a  little  week  on  the amps  part  to  charge  the  LG Slate, (yes I still have it), So  I  was making  a 7volt  2200mah back  up  battery  system  for  it and a means to hook several lithium batteries that would need to be recharged everyday, but could go two to three days before needing to charge them up, The panel would have gotten it to 5v and 950mah, but it would have been a back up as stated, just something so I could finish watching a movie or pre-writing the journal for what happen that day, (This being done at night where no internet connection is at, NOT! me making something up then not riding that day)so by the time I do find a connection I just need to load.......Dammit!! thats right this isn't a computer I can't do anything like word on here.. Ok then no writing jack without internet, I better bring paper and pencil...Hmm I just noticed the spaces between the words got smaller.. Or maybe my eyes are crapping out on me IDK..


Yesterday wasn't such a great day, We lost a family member, She was 17 old, (in cat years, much older I guess) Patches A.K.A patchy-cat.. It seemed she held on as long as people were near by, but when we walked away she would just fade and get weaker, I felt Like I could have done something, I just don't know what. While I was running around gathering things, I got the call that she passed away when everybody had walked away for a hour..Wish I could have posted a picture here, but Picasa, & flicker has problems with my blog account.  SO photo linking is out. ( not going to get into it)


I got the homemade map bag/handle bar bag to work after 6 hours of trying to keep the bag latch from sliding down on the handle bars..Amazon sent the wrong request to a company, I ordered a map bag, and Amazon sent them a request for a map bag quick release latch that attaches to the handle bar.. SpeedGoat refunded my money and told me to keep the item, I put a cheapo cooler to the quick release part and attached the latch to the handle bar, Not bad, I'm not bitching it works perfect for me, its big enough to hold the maps, and a few other things... AND its insulated.. I used a thick piece of Plexiglas I had as a board for the quick release to attach to, SO DONE!


Todays project: Clean up my mess in the garage, Then go see David, and get Murphs butt squeezed, since he can't stay away from the cat food, his butt gland get full fast, he starts doing to poop shoot boogie on the ground, or the sit and spin.. I sometime laugh my head off to think , when I think he knows what he's doing AND what its doing to him..and he continues just so the vet can pinch his butt, He likes it but yells so no one will believe it, You would think after 6 years he'd make the connection being the smart dog that he is..But as stated, he likes it or thinks 20 seconds of pain is worth 2 weeks in cat food when no one is watching..


Time to get moving, expect mistakes, and spelling, for a while when I'm on the road. It takes to long to go back a try to fix things, sometimes if it really bad i have to delete a hours worth or typing to fix a few, then I just stop and put it up in frustration.. bare with me, When I get a netbook, or to a library I'll fix them, its 10:30 am, good as anytime to get started, yesterday I got motivated at 2pm.. to much to do, to be that slack anymore..  Type at cha L8R..

No comments:

Post a Comment